DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently havean opening for the following position:
The Laboratory Technician reports directly to the Environmental Manager.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Calibrate and adjust the surface preparation pre-treatment line. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Complete titrations,
- Take pH and conductivity readings,
- Use spectrophotometer,
- Top-up chemicals,
- Decant chemical solutions,
- Clean tanks,
- Set chemical concentrations,
- Trouble shoot system upsets.
- Operate and maintain DEWs waste water treatment system. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Take daily parameter readings (pH, flocculation, pump operation, clarity, etc.),
- Clean out pump filters,
- Operate and clean out sludge press,
- Operate and clean out clay treatment system,
- Clean and calibrate pH probes,
- Transfer chemicals,
- Trouble shoot system upsets.
- Assure regulatory compliance applicable to the pre-treatment line and waste water treatment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and complete logs for pre-treatment line and waste water treatment.
- Coordinate with procurement to replenish and order chemicals.
- Coordinate with production and maintenance departments to perform chemical adjustments, tank cleaning and decants, and preventative maintenance.
- Identify and report any problems with our products, services, processes, and environmental management system applicable to surface preparation and waste water treatment.
- Initiate and follow up on action to prevent the occurrence of environmental and quality non-compliance with respect to pre-treatment materials related to our products, services and processes.
- Make recommendations for improvements to company processes.
- Read, understand and follow written instructions.
- Keep work areas organized and clean.
- Participate in required and optional training.
- Follow environmental policy and environmental management system procedures.
- Completion of High School
- Math skills are essential
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of spill response and environment emergency procedures
- Knowledge of basic chemistry
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification and WHMIS Training an asset
- Previous experience with waste water treatment system an asset
- Previous experience with environmental regulatory compliance an asset
- Excellent English communication skills
- Works well in a team and independently
- Effectively organizes tasks to ensure punctual completion
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with Laboratory Technician in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.