Find meaningful work with seniors
Enjoy working on a high-performance team while making a difference in the lives of independent seniors.
Choose to work at one of our many communities across Calgary.
Benefit from flexible hours, healthcare coverage and a pension plan.
Silvera employees create positive impact every day. Together, we serve people who make their home with us, including in our supportive living communities, which provide meals, housekeeping and Active Aging programs. Our workforce is diverse, and there are opportunities in dining, housekeeping, maintenance and administration. We celebrate each other through training, recognition and opportunities for growth. We offer flexible full-time, part-time and casual hours.
Silvera. More than 55 years of non-profit service to Calgarians. Home to more than 1,450 residents. Live your best life with us by building a meaningful career
We currently have a full-time opportunity at our Administrative Office. Reporting to the Manager Special Projects and the Chief Finance Officer, The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for the accounts receivable cycle and day-to-day accounts receivable activities, including the timely and accurate planning and processing of workflows, records, reconciliations, documents, data entry and other accounting transactions related to the AR function, in accordance with our policies.Responsibilities Include:
- Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains control to ensure cash collections are deposited in a timely fashion.
- Oversees Annual Rent Reviews, including Rent-Geared-To-Income for all residents.
- Commercial and residential tenant rent billing, collection, adjustments, and notices.
- Reviews or issues donor receipts as required by CRA regulations for registered charities.
- Deposits and maintains security deposit subledger, calculates monthly interest and oversees payouts.
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information.
- Prepares monthly rent electronic bank deposit and general weekly deposit.
- Posts customer and government payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Prepares monthly GST filing, accounts receivables reports, and statements
- Working knowledge of integrated software platform including how the general ledger and accounts receivable function.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to understand general account coding, customer invoices, and general contract knowledge.
- Possess or working towards an accounting diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analysis and judgment skills and good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient in data entry and management with a positive attitude.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines; on occasion work under somewhat stressful situations.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the current high volume of applications, we will not be accepting phone calls about individual applications.
All pre-screen questions must be completed for an application to be processed. All offers made are contingent upon a successful criminal record check.For further information on us, please visit our website: