AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada is looking for an Assembler to join our team in Chilliwack! We are looking for a teachable, self-starter that is looking to build their career in trades. Working as part of a high energy and fast-paced team, you will be using torque wrenches to tighten bolts, operate hand and power tools, and perform various tasks related to physical labour.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Wrench and tightening bolts
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform general tasks or general labour as required in a manufacturing environment
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- 3-5 years experience in overhead crane operation required
- Ability to use a torque wrench, impacts and grinders
- Ability to read a tape measure and use a ladder
- Experience with assembly of electric actuators an asset
- Good communication skills
- Forklift ticket an asset
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- You work well independently and on a small team
- Open to new experiences and easily adjust to change
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Bonus scheme
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
Job Type: Full-time