Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyones friendly and helps each other out? Thats like Grant Thornton. Except here were all professionals and there isnt a mayor or a general store. What were trying to say is that were a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. Thats whats most important to us. Were building a thriving organization thats purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Assistant Estate Administrator your responsibilities will include:
- Answering and returning calls from debtors & creditors
- Responding to emails & faxes from creditors, coworkers, debtors
- Work within prescribed timelines
- Daily reviews of new files and 3 month review
- Maintaining monthly reports
- Checking proof of claims from creditors
- Managing outlook calendars
- Communicating between debtors and creditors when required via phone or email
- E-filing documents to OSB re: Notices, agreements etc.
- Preparation of documents used for court purposes
- Preparation of letters
- Working with different departments/co-workers from this offices and others ei questions on specific files or questions from Trustees
- Managing various different types of assets (ie. Listing properties, arranging pickups for auction, redeeming investments)
- Basic Administration of files-changing payments, updating addresses etc.
Be Grant Thornton
If youre a bit like us, youre driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me , where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, youll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well thats when the magic happens!
Think youve got what it takes to be an Assistant Estate Administrator? Like the colour purple? Great. Heres a few more boxes were also hoping you can tick:
- Some post-secondary education
- Proficient Computer/Keyboarding skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn various supporting computer programs and/or applications
- Organized/detail oriented/works well under pressure/flexible
- Basic understanding of statutory requirements for bankruptcy and Insolvency would be an asset
- Works well in a team environment
At Grant Thornton were focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. Thats our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.