Westcan Greenhouses is a propagation facility that grows perennials, shrubs, annuals, veggies and much more! The assistant growers role will be to assist and support the primary grower. Normal hours will be Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30 pm with alternating weekends with the grower.
Duties/ Qualifications Include:
Help ensure the crop is healthy and growing optimally
- Ensure greenhouse climate is conducive in relation to weather conditions
- Work with Grower to ensure labour is properly planned and co-ordinated
- Communicate regularly with the Grower to provide information re: crop applications, irrigation needs, crop movement, and timing
- Apply and mix fertilizers and pesticides as needed
- Being diligent while working and staying on the task at hand
- Must be able to work well with others and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail is important to ensure that the quality of life of the plants are maintained
- Must be able to speak English fluently
Wage will reflect experience.
MUST RESIDE IN THE LOWER MAINLAND
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Drivers License (Required)