JPM Consulting Ltd provides financial management and accounting services across a variety of medical practices and physician groups in Toronto. Our clients range from medical groups of over 1000 physicians to medical practices of under five physicians, each with different needs and requirements. We are currently seeking a bookkeeper and financial analyst to join our team and play an integral role in our financial performance and growth objectives.This is a contractual opportunity with the potential for a significant increase in responsibilities and workload. The ideal candidate will be motivated and with a proven track record of providing financial record tracking services, payroll, invoice and payment processing, financial reporting, and completing other office management and accounting services. The successful candidate will be assigned to work with multiple clients each with specific deliverables and across sites at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital with a significant amount of work being carried out remotely - the successful candidate should have the ability to secure their own working space at home/off-site.Responsibilities:
- Process all bookkeeping entries, journals and reconcile bank account transactions.
- Modernize accounting processes and maintain and improve internal controls.
- Assist with preparation of budget, financial forecast, cash flow, and report variances.
- Manage payables, including invoice receipts and electronic payment processing, end to end.
- Reconcile and maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Communicate financial position and results to individual physicians and to committees.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year end financial statements.
- Leadership and attention to all aspects of accounting department.
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks and others as required.
- Manage all financial and accounting operations and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business with at least 5 years of experience working with data in a related field. CPA designation an asset.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Expert in Quickbooks suite of software products.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word).
- Knowledge of cloud computing services and products.
- Experience with electronic payment processing methods and software.
Job Type: ContractExperience:
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
Login & Apply