Consultant, Customer Retention
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) has an exciting opportunity for a customer focused individual to support our Service Marketing & Retention department as a Consultant, Customer Retention (CCR). This is a full-time field position which reports to the Manager, Customer Retention. The successful candidate will analyse KPI related to the Sales and Service Customer Experience to identify opportunities and collaborate with our dealer partners to promote continual improvement (Kaizen). In close partnership with Zone Sales and Service field staff, the successful candidate will coordinate and conduct in-dealer assessments, consultations, and training to promote an ever-better Customer Experience in support of building true Toyota Fans.
What Youll be Doing:
- Analyse performance data from variety of sources to identify dealership opportunities for improvement within the Sales and Service Customer Experience.
- Leverage performance analysis to present partnership opportunities to Zone management and obtain their support in working with identified dealerships.
- Conduct in-dealership Customer First Assessments with identified opportunity dealerships, establish collaborative action plans with measurable KPI, share best practices and deliver training in support of achieving identified action items.
- Conduct regular dealer visits to review progress on action plans and performance related to the Sales and Service Customer Experience with dealership management.
- Support Zone Customer Experience improvement efforts with ad-hoc dealer visits as required
- Focus on new owner retention as a critical aspect of the Customer Experience to maintain/increase service retention.
- Deploy grassroots counter measures with dealers to improve retention and monitor performance to determine impact of countermeasures; Plan Do Check Act (PDCA).
- Train and support all levels of dealer staff in the use and understanding of the Customer Experience Survey Program.
- Ongoing support of National and Zone level initiatives designed to maintain and increase customer retention (i.e. Make A Date Every 8 program, Aeroplan program, road shows).
- Prepare and distribute timely contact reports following dealer visits which clearly identify agreed upon action items using TBP (Toyota Business Practices) format.
- Initiate and implement appropriate kaizen (continuous improvement) efforts which result in work efficiencies relating to cost reduction or avoidance, improved time and process efficiencies.
- Standardize and share successes across the team through Yokoten (share best practices).
- Form strong working relationships with Zone field teams (Sales, Parts & Service)
- Participate in departmental/zone meetings, team events, and activities as required.
- This position will be based out of the Prairie Zone office and support Prairie dealers in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
What You Bring:
- College or University Degree in business or an automotive related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in automotive wholesale, retail or dealership sales and service operations.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong decision-making, planning and problem-solving abilities.
- Previous field experience an asset
- Solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team work philosophy
- Proven ability to initiate & improve work processes to increase efficiencies
- Proven business partnering skills
What Well Bring:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Health and dental benefits effective immediately.
- Company pension plan with matched contribution
- Associate vehicle discount program
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Great company culture-Respect for people and continuous improvement is at our core
- Paid holiday shutdown and competitive paid time off benefits
What You Should Know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Automotive: 3 years (Preferred)