Job Description: Job posting closes:
June 23, 2019 11:00 pm PST
An Eligibility List may be established from this
competition the duration of the eligibility list may
be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to
fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time,
temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual
vacancies within the same department and classification
based on the organizational needs by going to the next
highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their
interest but only those candidates selected to advance
in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only
those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will
Coordinator 2, Environmental
============================ Job Code:
---------------------------------------- Job Summary:
The incumbent plans, researches, implements, evaluates
and maintains environmental programs. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the development and implementation of
environmental programs, including but not limited
to: water conservation, energy conservation, clean
energy, waste diversion and reduction, and wildlife
2. Collect and analyze technical data, undertake
studies, research, and prepare and present reports
for approval. Review reports, programs, and policies
from consultants, other organizations and
stakeholders and provide comments based on technical
knowledge and standards.
3. Evaluate, monitor and propose changes and additions
to Bylaws and policies, and develop and implement
short and long term environmental strategies.
4. Engage the public, other organizations, and
stakeholders including meetings, correspondence and
reports, public presentations, presentations to City
Council, and development and implementation of
educational materials, and other communication in
support of environmental programming.
5. Provide input and monitor annual operating and
five-year capital budget and process expenditures.
6. Submit proposals for funding programs and write
reports on activity and status.
7. Oversee the implementation of funding programs
(e.g. Diversion Credits) including advertising;
application review and selection; verifying data;
fund distribution and reporting.
8. Assist with procurement and administration of
contractors and consultants.
9. Follow, so far is reasonably practicable,
established safety procedures and standards.
10. Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for
identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent
may be required to perform other related duties. Job Requirements:Working Conditions:
Majority of the work is performed under normal office
conditions. Occasional exposure to inclement weather or
temperature extremes, solid waste, hazardous chemicals,
odours and fumes when delivering programs, conducting
audits, doing site visits, or conducting Household
Hazardous Waste Days. Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Environmental Studies or related
- 3 years previous experience and 6 months on the job
- Experience in organizing and maintaining environment
- Knowledge of federal and territorial environmental
assessment processes and internal bylaws and
- Proven skills relating to communications, team
building, liaise with stakeholders,
- Proven written and oral communication skills to
develop and present reports, position papers and
- Ability to foster and maintain effective
relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and
experience may be considered. Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP
software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word
Login & Apply