Its an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
Were looking for casual Dietary Aide/Housekeepers to join our Village team, and assist on an on-call basis. If you are a strong team player, then wed like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. This role may include commuting to other Villages (within a 1 hour distance) for shifts as needed.Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with residents and guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Preparing beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembling food items
such as sandwiches and salads
- Assisting with serving food and drinks to residents
- Replenishing beverage containers in refrigerator; tidying kitchenette, replenishing supplies;
re-stocking refrigerator; draining and resetting coffee urn;
- Delivering food to residents rooms as needed
- Preparing tables in dining areas before mealtimes, with items such as napkins, placemats, utensils, condiments and beverages
- Assisting in the kitchen with basic tasks
- Helping with light duty cleaning tasks
- Operating dishwashing machine, stacking clean dishes and utensils
- Setting, clearing, and cleaning dining tables
- Assisting with laundry and resident rooms as needed
- Operating dispensing machines and other related equipment; reporting unsafe or faulty equipment to the Kitchen Manager;
- Performing cleaning tasks such as sweeping and damp mopping floors; sanitizing counter tops, and removing trash
- Performing related administrative support duties as assigned
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe youre the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in customer service, food service, retail, or office environment is preferred
- Completion of secondary school (secondary school students may be eligible)
- Must be capable of lifting up to 20 lbs
- FoodSafe Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.