We are seeking an Evaluations Coordinator who will be responsible for support continuous monitoring, evaluation and data collection processes for the organization. The Coordinator will work with HIV Community Link (HIVCL) Directors to ensure client and staff engagement in program development and evaluation. This is in effort to develop, implement and support ongoing data collection and evaluation processes and to strengthen and articulate the application of evidence-based and emerging promising practices into HIVCL programs and services. The Coordinator will also assist in the identification, research and development of funding proposals for a variety of stakeholders including government, industry, and foundations. This position requires a professional who is passionate about the principles of harm reduction, committed to evidence-based community services, and a self-directed learner who is eager to build subject matter expertise.
This is a one year maternity leave coverage full-time position (35 hours a week) working Monday to Friday. A flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends is required. Some inner-city travel may be necessary. This position will be located in the Calgary office and will report directly to the Director, Programs. A criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector search, will be requested.
- Ensure incorporation of evidence based and promising practices into service delivery
- Continuous development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of HIVCL programs
- In coordination with Directors, support the design and development of data models and manage internal outcomes database for new and changing programming
- Review of program data collection tools, logic models, and processes to ensure correct metrics are implemented to monitor progress, in alignment with funder objectives
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and improve current data collection processes
- Implement regular data quality processes to support front-line agency staff and funder requirements
- Deliver training programs and educate organizational staff on database software and relevant privacy/security practices
- Maintain database policies and procedures manual to ensure continuous quality improvement of data management.
- Research, grant prospecting, and grant writing
- Other special projects as assigned
Qualifications/ Key Competencies
- Minimum post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline, Masters preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in evaluations
- Direct working experience working with information systems including a comprehensive understanding of data collection, analysis, evaluation systems and relational database structures
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Proven ability to work with confidential client data
- Strong professional report writing skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and clients
- Experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated knowledge of community based programs and services
- Knowledge of social and health issues addressed through HIVCL programming (e.g. social determinants of health, harm reduction, sex-work, HIV, drug use, under-served populations)
- Proven planning, organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Demonstrated technical and operational problem solver, with ability to arrive at workable solutions
- Self-starter and resourceful; demonstrated commitment to self-directed learning
Salary and Benefits
HIV Community Link Society offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2020. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectation quoting job reference HIVCL-130.
You must be eligible to work in Alberta and available for in-person interviews. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: HIVCL-130
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary