We are looking for a full-time, Japanese Executive Chef to join our vibrant and growing team, as soon as possible. The ideal candidate would have years of experience with Japanese cuisine, specifically, along with a minimum of 10 years experience.
The Japanese Executive Chef will work in our open-concept kitchen at Shokunin and/or NUPO in Calgary, Alberta. They will work to direct a team of Sous Chefs and Cooks, to create exquisitely presented Japanese-style dishes.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive -- Reflective of experience and qualification.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Overseeing the cleanliness and hygiene of stations
- Managing food preparation activities (e.g. butchering meat, preparing sauces, etc.)
- Handling and preparing a wide range of raw fish, poultry, and other ingredients
- Ensuring proper equipment operations/maintenance
- Instructing Sous Chefs and cooks
- Ensuring that food is consistently prepared in accordance with quality standards
- Participating in meetings as required
- Managing customer relations as required
- Training and managing other kitchen personnel as required
- Working to determine menu items
- Performing other duties as assigned and consistent with the position
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 10 years of kitchen experience, including 6 months of kitchen experience in Japanese cuisine
- Knowledge of traditional Japanese techniques and flavour profiles
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Intense focus on excellence
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, late nights, weekends, and public holidays
Completion of a culinary program is considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Executive Chef: 5 years (Preferred)