At FortisAlberta we invest in our greatest resource our people. As Albertas largest electricity distribution provider, we are positioned for growth. Each day, FortisAlberta employees strive to exceed customer expectations while maintaining a focus on our commitment to safety.APPLICATION DEADLINE:
March 24, 2020REPORTS TO:TITLE:
GIS Drafting Analyst (U20-034)DEPARTMENT:
01 Full Time - SalariedNUMBER OF HIRES:
What Are We Looking For?
FortisAlberta is looking for a capable and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of GIS Drafting Analyst. Under the supervision of the Manager Data Integrity and GIS, the GIS Drafting Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality and integrity of facilities data entry into Geographic Information System (GIS) and supporting mapping systems. This includes processing of construction prints, proposed facilities and as-built (redlined) return data.The GIS Drafting Analyst will maintain GIS views including:
construction, facility, Single Line Diagram (SLD) and applying standards applicable to project delivery, ensure data accuracy by auditing and maintaining integrity of facilities in the GIS mapping system and identify and escalate data conditions that introduce risk to system operations. In addition, the GIS Drafting Analyst will perform data quality analysis and provide recommendations and findings; interpret and integrate relevant data from multiple sources, i.e. maps, engineering drawings as required for project delivery. They will be responsible for preparing basic GIS cartographic products and associated documentation; as well as providing GIS support to internal stakeholders, as required for project delivery.
What will you bring to the Role?
Other Qualifications we are looking for:
- Strong understanding of current GIS concepts and practices.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail to ensure that data is accurate and reliable.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to identify solutions to issues or problems.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, or independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a diverse environment.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate ability using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn other computer-based applications.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION:
- Diploma in Drafting or GIS from a recognized institute of technology; or a degree in GIS, Geography or closely related field is required.
- Current experience with ESRI software, specifically the ArcGIS suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGISPro, ArcToolbox) and its extensions is required.
- Experience working in Hexagon (formerly Integraph) G-Electric GIS would be considered an asset.
Please submit your resume via the button below: Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you receive an error message when applying, please contact the system administrator at: Recruitment@fortisalberta.com