Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canadas Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit /careersRole:
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the efficiency and profitability of Inbound operations by refining current systems, developing improved systems, and reducing warehouse costs while upholding a high level of customer service.Role Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job; all job functions are completed in accordance with Food Safety standards and HACCP compliant guidelines. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Sysco Vancouver maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Oversee all functions of inbound operations (scheduling, documentation, receiving verification, put away). Including Off Site storage requirements.
- Leading and managing Warehouse Associates, Supervisors, Receiving Clerks, Inbound Scheduler, Slotting Coordinator, and Will Call Representative. (Includes scheduling, payroll, employee development, CMP, and hiring).
- Work with all other departments and swamping services to ensure maximum efficiencies and while providing a high level of customer service.
- Oversee all RDC functions.
- Maintain and uphold health and safety standards.
- Responsible to ordering and maintaining inventory of consumable items (labels, pallet wrap etc.)
- Building a strong relationship with Associates through open communication.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Syscos Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Syscos Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements
- Ensures regulatory and policy compliance related to: employment standards, human rights, food safety, environmental, as well as occupational health and safety.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience.
- 3-5+ years in warehouse environment preferred.
- High work standards with attention to detail: accuracy and productivity.
- Proficiency with MSOffice Suite
- Social media basics. Comfortable navigating the internet and/or cloud/web-based programs.
- Low level of physical exertion required. Sitting most of the time. Physical activities of the job include: Sitting, Repetitive Motions, Reaching, Lifting, Standing, Walking.
- There is a low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
- Integrity and Accountability
- Driving Results
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Leading Change
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via /careersSyscos Values:
Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Syscos Vision is to be our customers most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.Heres a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Life Insurance Company Pension Plan Group RRSP Employee and Family Assistance Stock Purchase Plan Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University Sysco product discounts Preferred vendor discounts Free on-site parking Employee appreciation events (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)