For more than 50 years, NIS & TENAQUIP has been an industry leader for industrial equipment, supplies and solutions. With branches across Canada, NIS, a division of TENAQUIP is pleased to offer one stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as Safety, Tools, Material Handling & Storage, Welding, Facility & Fleet Maintenance, Electrical, Office Supplies, Packing & Shipping, Instruments and Industrial Lumber Supplier.
- Starting wage based on experience
- Benefits package offered after the completion of the 3 month probationary period
- RRSP/DPSP Matching
- Paid vacation
Inside Sales/Customer Service Representatives play a critical role in the interrelated efforts of both Sales and Operations, assuring that an excellent standard of service and a high level of external and internal customer satisfaction is maintained.
Customer Service Rep
- Actively ensures the retention of NIS customer base which includes promoting NIS to existing customers
- Follows laid out processes and procedures as required to provide a high level of customer service within our scope
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service
- Regularly provides feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of customer service policies and procedures
- Works with the organizations other Branches and Regional teams to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service offerings
- Partners with key account managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Actively seeks ways to assist the key account manager to promote NIS products and value added services
- Promptly responds to customer inquiries, provide quotes and take customer orders via phone, email, fax and walk in customers
- Utilize all resources and technology to provide exceptional consistent customer experiences
- Efficiently source products as requested by the customer utilizing internal inventory, private label/brands, Distribution Center and supplier inventory. Ability to effectively manage and prioritize important time sensitive tasks while providing servicing walk in customers
- Monitor all open quotes to achieve the highest level of conversion ratio to orders. Specify upon order entry expectation items to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained for consignment customers
- Process customer returns following company policies
- Routinely interacts with customers to obtain and fulfil orders accurately
- Provides a high level of customer service expediting delivery as requested while protecting branch freight costs
- Assists customers by troubleshooting via phone or email
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive, unpack, count, identify and store inventory.
- Arrange to ship or issue various purchased and processed materials.
- Ensure boxes, pallets or other packaged materials are packed safely and securely to ensure customer receives product free of damages.
- Follow dangerous goods shipping and receiving procedures as required.
- Check material received with purchase order specifications.
- Communicate with couriers and delivery drivers to maintain a professional working relationship.
- Load and unload trucks, moves material within warehouse.
- Check, accumulate and ship materials to designated areas.
- Complete paperwork and maintain files in connection with stock transfers, purchase orders, shipping and receiving documents.
- Operate manual or power lift truck as required.
- Keep work areas clean and orderly.
- Provide occasional help with cylinder delivery.
- Provide adequate crates and protection for items shipped or stored in warehouse.
- Comply and abide by all site rules and regulations
Picking and put-away
- Put stock orders away and replenish retail displays
- Pick and pack customer orders from a computer generated pick slip, quote or open order
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Valid forklift operators license *an asset
- Previous shipping/receiving experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Proven team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) training *an asset
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Casual dress
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Shipping/ Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Counter Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers (Required)