Royal Canadian Mounted Police
CS-02 - CP-02
Acting, Assignment, Deployment, Indeterminate, Secondment, Specified period
$70,439 to $86,213
For further information on the organization, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted PoliceClosing date:
20 March 2020 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*
In order to have your application considered, all screening questions must be answered. Candidates must provide CONCRETE EXAMPLES which demonstrate how they meet the education requirement and the experience factors listed in the essential qualification. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current responsibilities.
FOR EACH EXPERIENCE CRITERIA, please provide the following MANDATORY information:
1 - Name of the department or organization where the experience was acquired;
2 - Title of the position occupied; and
3 - Specific details of tasks or projects demonstrating how the experience was acquired and concrete examples.
Your application must adhere to the stipulated format.
FAILURE TO CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE IN THE SCREENING QUESTIONS HOW YOU MEET THE SCREENING CRITERIA (Education and Experience, essential) WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
The Competency Communication - Written will be assessed through the screening questions; this evaluation will lead to a mark of pass or fail on this qualification.
Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the education and/or experience described in the screening questions.
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE SOLICITED FOR INCOMPLETE OR MISSING INFORMATION.
Intent of the process
This process will initially be used to staff one (1) CS-02/CP-02 on a full-time indeterminate basis.
A qualified pool of candidates may be established and used to staff future indeterminate and/or temporary CS-02/CP-02 positions within the RCMP. In the event of a temporary vacancy, the following staffing actions may be used and/or considered: acting, assignment, secondment or term appointment.
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM.Positions to be filled:
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- *Recent experience in the configuration, maintenance, or troubleshooting of Windows Server operating systems and 1 of either UNIX/Linux or Windows Desktop operating systems.
- *Recent experience providing client support for IT systems.
- *Recent experience in the configuration, maintenance or troubleshooting of at least 2 of the following 6 networking technologies: Firewalls, VPNs, Switches, VLANs, QoS, and Routers.
- *Recent experience with database products such as SQL Server or another database.
- Recent experience refers to experience within the last five years.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- *Recent experience with virtualization technologies such as Vmware, HyperV, ESXI or similar.
- *Recent experience utilizing electronics test equipment (Such as oscilloscopes, RF communications analyzers, multimeters etc.) and test procedures in both analog and digital systems.
- Recent experience refers to experience within the last five years.
- Knowledge of radio frequency technologies
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Knowledge of basic CCTV (closed circuite television) components
- Knowledge of cellular and landline based telephone communications technology.
- Knowledge of GPS (global positioning systems) and satellite communications technology.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of Client - Server infrastructure and interconnects.
- Knowledge of data network security systems and risks.
- Knowledge of networking technology and protocols.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to analyze technical problems and situations and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Client Service Orientation
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
- Ability and willingness to lift and install equipment up to 25 kg
Conditions of employment
Top Secret security clearance
Possession of a valid drivers licence.
Able and willing to provide testimony in court.NOTE:
Successful candidates will require a valid RCMP security clearance prior to appointment and throughout the tenure of their employment. The process to obtain RCMP security clearance involves a security/reliability interview and a field investigation regarding matters of criminal activity which includes reference checks, verification of credit/financial status, education, employment, etc . As such, the process may take several weeks or months to complete.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Your responses to the screening questions will be used as the primary source in determining whether you meet the screening requirements. If you do not fully complete the screening questions as instructed, you may be screened out.
Volume Management strategies may be used.
Candidates may be assessed using one or more of the following tools: standardized tests, written exam, interview, simulation exercise and reference checks.
All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence and telephone conversations, may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Indeterminate employees at the same group and level or equivalent may be considered for deployment. Please identify clearly your substantive group and level and your employment status on your resume and/or application form. If no deployment is made, applicants will be considered in the advertised appointment process.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.