Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Manager, Internal Communications located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Manager of Internal Communications, reporting to the Director of Communications, will develop and deliver innovative, high-impact internal communications strategies, activities and events which motivate employees to align with the business strategy while creating employee engagement. Duties:
- Develop and execute effective internal communication strategies to support the companys business priorities and increase employee engagement,
- Manage the employee blog including writing, editing, shooting and posting videos and photographs, and encouraging employee feedback and participation.
- Act as the primary communications contact for Northwestel employees and provide day-to-day communications counsel.
- Write senior executive emails, speaking remarks and presentations.
- Write and manage the design and production of internal communications, including the annual report.
- Strengthen and expand social media outreach.
- Support change management communications.
- Effectively prepare employees for issues that may generate media coverage and customer inquiries.
- Collaborate effectively with all departments to ensure alignment with corporate messaging and to share information about their teams with the rest of the company.
- Manage media relations as needed.
- Some travel required.
- Some evening and week-end work required.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
- Minimum two years experience in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism.
- Developing and delivering internal communication programs to a cross cultural employee group.
- Experience managing corporate internal sites.
- Knowledge of new and emerging internal social media communications tools
- Superior writing skills; including synthesizing multiple business priorities into coherent, relevant and impactful communications/presentations; copywriting/editing
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong project management, planning and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is an asset.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
Health & Safety
As a safety conscious COR Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Login & Apply