If you have ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking a part-time Post Office Assistant who will use a customer-focused approach when providing counter services to customers. Note:
The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants outside the community in which the Post Office is located may be considered as needed. The successful candidate will:
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- Sell postal products and service to the business community and public
- Sort, distribute and process mail into appropriate classifications
- Provide customers with information and forms
- Address delivery and service difficulties to resolve problems thoroughly and quickly
- High school or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- Understanding of general or post office accounting systems.
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporations best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things. Other information about this job:CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
Canada Post offers:
- A character reference letter
- Competitive pay
- Potential for permanent opportunities
- A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers changing needs
- The satisfaction of a job well done: Youll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If youre ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canadas largest employers were committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post - Employment Equity and Conflict of Interest policies
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Login & Apply