Sydney, NS Term:
Permanent, Full-Time (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Some Overtime) Anticipated Start Date:
As Soon As Possible
- Join a company that has revolutionized custom manufacturing for engineers and designers all over
- Use your big-picture thinking, forecasting skills and proven experience to effectively manage
Protocases production schedule and ongoing capacity.
- Be rewarded with a competitive annual salary and great benefits, including medical, dental, pension
plan, and more.
- Live and work in a community that has quick commutes, affordable homes, beautiful scenery and
About Protocase Inc
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances
in software with innovative manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the
engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of 190 employees (and
counting), Protocase is proud to have a client base of more than 14,000 customers throughout North
America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft,
NASA, MIT and many more. We are proudly ISO:
9001 certified and AS9100D registered, as well as ITAR compliant and registered
with Canadian Controlled Goods.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking Production Scheduler to join its team in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova
Scotia. Our production facility is a fast-paced environment where every order is custom-manufactured
from scratch. Our 14,000+ customers around the world depend on us to make professional-grade
custom sheet metal and CNC machined products that meet their specifications, all within our signature
2-3 day manufacturing turnaround time.
We are looking for a skilled forward-thinker who can effectively monitor and manage our production
schedule in a proactive way. You must possess an analytical mind, and use your leadership skills in order
to effectively communicate your directives to management and team members.
As Production Scheduler, you will first learn our unique production scheduling system and become
familiar with the suite of electronic tools that we have developed to monitor our operations. Once up to speed, your duties will be:
- Monitor production queues
- Monitor inbound flow of work in sales and engineering queues to create look-ahead estimates
- Manage queues for each of Protocases production stations
- Identify bottlenecks and develop strategies to eliminate them.
- Create and maintain a schedule for 100+ Production & Assembly team members on a seven-day
rotation (which will be distributed and implemented by production management).
- Work with other departments in order to accurately forecast the need for additional capacity over
the longer term.
Above all else, the successful candidate must be able to manage queues and schedules all at once,
keeping their eye on the prize of properly staffing Protocases production stations so that orders can
flow efficiently through the manufacturing plants and be completed within 2 to 3 days. Essential Skills:
- 1-3 years experience managing production and/or scheduling
- Some post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills, and extremely comfortable using Microsoft Excel (full training using
Protocases in-house software and scheduling tools will be provided)
About the Benefits:
- Ability to see the big picture and act quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized personality, and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of continuous improvement would be considered an asset
Besides an annual compensation ranging from 54,900 to 71,000 (depending on experience), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A flexible, exciting, and positive work environment
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits at six months
- Two weeks vacation (three weeks vacation at three years of employment; four weeks vacation at
- Company Pension Plan at six months
- Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at three months
- Regular social events, including team lunch & learns and staff parties
- Discounted tickets for Highland Arts Theatre productions
- Access to Protocase Skybox Suite for Screaming Eagles hockey games, as well as tickets for
Highlanders Basketball, Boardmore Theatre and Celtic Colours International Festival
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous
improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open
communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas. How to Apply:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please specify Production Scheduler in the
- Drop off your resume at our main building 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS, between 9:30 AM and
Login & Apply