Recreational Respite provides meaningful respite solutions through therapeutic recreation support both 1:1, group programs and special projects. The services are provided within our clients home or in various community settings. Our team works with children, youth, adults with disabilities and mental health and our goal is to remove the barriers that exist to participation. Our Recreation Therapists possess a unique and skilled ability to develop, implement and evaluate innovative therapeutic programs that respond to individualized needs, interests, strengths and abilities of our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to)
- Must be able to identify needs, abilities, strengths and interests and adapt programming on a client to client basis with a strong focus on family and caregiver advocacy.
- Planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of therapeutic programs.
- Must have proven programming techniques to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional and social and leisure needs of our clients.
- Ensure to operate in compliance with the relevant policies and procedures of Recreational Respite.
- STRONG and effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Possess strong documentation skills
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR certification
- Vulnerable Persons/Police Check
- Experience managing behaviours
Reliable means of transportation is a must.
- Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation * Diploma, Therapeutic Recreation * Social Services or Developmental Worker diploma
Must be available 4-12 hours a week minimum (evenings and weekends) AND be willing to travel one hour maximum
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- CPR/First Aid (Required)
- VSC (Required)